MILLVILLE, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a police officer shot and killed a man who had called 911 and said he was armed with a gun.
No firearm was found after 47-year-old Edward Gandy Jr. was killed in Millville on Monday.
The Cumberland County prosecutor is investigating the shooting and the officer has been placed on administrative leave.
Officials are awaiting results of an autopsy.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Noah's Ark except it's a school bus: Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother