MILLVILLE, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a police officer shot and killed a man who had called 911 and said he was armed with a gun.
No firearm was found after 47-year-old Edward Gandy Jr. was killed in Millville on Monday.
The Cumberland County prosecutor is investigating the shooting and the officer has been placed on administrative leave.
Officials are awaiting results of an autopsy.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again