MILLVILLE, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a police officer shot and killed a man who had called 911 and said he was armed with a gun.
No firearm was found after 47-year-old Edward Gandy Jr. was killed in Millville on Monday.
The Cumberland County prosecutor is investigating the shooting and the officer has been placed on administrative leave.
Officials are awaiting results of an autopsy.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers