MILLVILLE, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a police officer shot and killed a man who had called 911 and said he was armed with a gun.
No firearm was found after 47-year-old Edward Gandy Jr. was killed in Millville on Monday.
The Cumberland County prosecutor is investigating the shooting and the officer has been placed on administrative leave.
Officials are awaiting results of an autopsy.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.