STONINGTON, Conn. (AP) — A 66-year-old man who molested a 4-year-old Connecticut girl then told police that the child initiated and enjoyed the contact has been sent to prison.
The Day reports that John Adrian was sentenced Tuesday to 1 ½ years in prison after pleading guilty to risk of injury to a minor. Prosecutors say they agreed to a plea deal so the girl would not have to testify in court.
Adrian will also be subject to five years of probation after his prison term.
Investigators say Adrian lived in the same Stonington neighborhood as the girl when he molested her in 2014.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Colorado homeowner emptied pistol to kill bear that broke in
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Adrian’s attorney said he felt his client’s admissions to police made going to trial risky.
Adrian was convicted of a similar crime in 1986 in Illinois.
Information from: The Day, http://www.theday.com