BOSTON (AP) — Authorities say they’ve arrested a 28-year-old man wanted in a shooting death in Boston.
Officials say Marquis Martin of Roxbury was arrested Sunday at a motel in Middletown, Rhode Island. He was indicted last month for first-degree murder for the Oct. 29 shooting of 30-year-old David Cole.
The Suffolk County District Attorney’s office says Martin fled Boston shortly after Cole’s death. Authorities were able to track him to Middletown, where Boston Police, U.S. Marshals and local law enforcement took him into custody.
The district attorney’s office says Cole is expected to be charged as a fugitive from justice in Newport, Rhode Island, on Monday. He could be sent back to Suffolk County as soon as this week.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Pussy Riot upstages Putin with protest that halts World Cup VIEW
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
It was not immediately clear whether he has an attorney.