BOSTON (AP) — Authorities say they’ve arrested a 28-year-old man wanted in a shooting death in Boston.
Officials say Marquis Martin of Roxbury was arrested Sunday at a motel in Middletown, Rhode Island. He was indicted last month for first-degree murder for the Oct. 29 shooting of 30-year-old David Cole.
The Suffolk County District Attorney’s office says Martin fled Boston shortly after Cole’s death. Authorities were able to track him to Middletown, where Boston Police, U.S. Marshals and local law enforcement took him into custody.
The district attorney’s office says Cole is expected to be charged as a fugitive from justice in Newport, Rhode Island, on Monday. He could be sent back to Suffolk County as soon as this week.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
- Death toll rises in California wildfire, matching deadliest VIEW
It was not immediately clear whether he has an attorney.