BOSTON (AP) — Authorities say they’ve arrested a 28-year-old man wanted in a shooting death in Boston.
Officials say Marquis Martin of Roxbury was arrested Sunday at a motel in Middletown, Rhode Island. He was indicted last month for first-degree murder for the Oct. 29 shooting of 30-year-old David Cole.
The Suffolk County District Attorney’s office says Martin fled Boston shortly after Cole’s death. Authorities were able to track him to Middletown, where Boston Police, U.S. Marshals and local law enforcement took him into custody.
The district attorney’s office says Cole is expected to be charged as a fugitive from justice in Newport, Rhode Island, on Monday. He could be sent back to Suffolk County as soon as this week.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- Democrats subpoena Mueller report amid calls for impeachment
- Sanders goes on offensive defending credibility after report
- A portrait of the White House and its culture of chaos, dishonesty VIEW
- Man angry about virginity pleads guilty to threatening women
It was not immediately clear whether he has an attorney.