SALINA, Kan. (AP) — The Kansas Highway Patrol says a Florida man died after he was hit by a car as he walked along Interstate 70 near Salina.
The patrol says 35-year-old Cody Nordlund of New Port Richey, Florida, died in the accident Sunday night.
He was walking in an eastbound lane of the interstate in Saline Count when he was struck by a vehicle.
The driver of the vehicle stopped at the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
It was not immediately clear why Nordlund was walking in the interstate.