SALINA, Kan. (AP) — The Kansas Highway Patrol says a Florida man died after he was hit by a car as he walked along Interstate 70 near Salina.
The patrol says 35-year-old Cody Nordlund of New Port Richey, Florida, died in the accident Sunday night.
He was walking in an eastbound lane of the interstate in Saline Count when he was struck by a vehicle.
The driver of the vehicle stopped at the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
It was not immediately clear why Nordlund was walking in the interstate.