TUNICA, Miss. (AP) — Mississippi authorities say a 29-year-old man has turned himself in for questioning in connection with a fatal shooting in a Waffle House parking lot.
The Tunica County Sheriff’s Office tells WREG-TV and WHBQ-TV that Antonio Jasper surrendered Tuesday in connection with the shooting that killed 24-year-old Jeremy Jones of Tunica and wounded Ladarious Hibbler.
An online jail roster shows Jasper was being held without bond Wednesday in Tunica County as a fugitive from another jurisdiction. It did not show the jurisdiction or the charge there.
The shootings occurred around 2 a.m. Sunday in a car outside the restaurant in the unincorporated community of Robinsonville, near Tunica.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- The man most responsible for ending Roe worries that it could hurt his party
- Thousands of Seattle protesters gather downtown after Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade
- Biden signs landmark gun measure, says 'lives will be saved'
Authorities said Hibbler was shot more than once but was released from a hospital after treatment.