THOMASVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Police say a North Carolina man has turned himself in after his involvement in a wreck in which a teenager was killed.
Thomasville police told local media outlets that 21-year-old Luis Genaro Reyes Rodriguez was wanted on charges stemming from a fatal crash on Dec. 10. He turned himself in to police on Wednesday.
Police pointed to speed and alcohol and contributing factors in the crash.
According to police, officers answering a call found two vehicles racing. One of them crashed and the other left before police arrived.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- The man most responsible for ending Roe worries that it could hurt his party
- Thousands of Seattle protesters gather downtown after Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade
- Biden signs landmark gun measure, says 'lives will be saved'
Authorities say 16-year-old Marco Antonio Escamilla died at the scene. Three others were taken to a hospital where they were treated for their injuries and released.
Rodriguez is jailed under a $250,000 bond. It’s not known if he has an attorney.