ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man will be sentenced to life in prison for killing the teenage daughter of his longtime girlfriend.
The Orlando Sentinel reports that Orange County jurors announced 47-year-old Sanel Saint-Simon’s sentence Thursday. A judge will make it official next month. Saint-Simon had been convicted of first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse. He had faced a possible death sentence.
Landscapers found 16-year-old Alexandria Chery’s body on the Osceola-Polk county line in August 2014, several days after she was reported missing.
Saint-Simon helped raise Chery since she was about 5 years old. Her family has said Saint-Simon sexually abused her before her murder.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on lecture stage in New York
- A child abductee's journey back
- FBI seized top secret documents in Trump estate search
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: Orlando Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com/