LOS ANGELES (AP) — The FBI and police are asking for public help in identifying a man suspected of robbing banks in Los Angeles and New York City.
The FBI said Thursday that the “Coast to Coast Bandit” is linked to a robbery Monday at a Chase Bank branch on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles and two robberies last month in New York.
In the most recent crime the robber presented a teller a note with threats involving a gun and knife. Witnesses described him as white with a possible sunburn and wearing a New York Yankees cap.
He also wore the Yankees cap in a March 13 robbery of a Chase Bank branch on 3rd Avenue in New York. The other New York robbery occurred March 9 at Santander Bank on 3rd Avenue.
Most Read Stories
- Rebound with redemption: Huskies come back to beat Utah behind the unlikeliest of heroes
- Kickoff time, TV info announced for 110th Apple Cup
- Parents, adult son believed dead in Sammamish murder-suicide
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- Huskies won't repeat as Pac-12 champs, but their consolation prize? The game of the year