CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Authorities believe the same man is responsible for two assaults in the vicinity of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
The university sent out an alert saying a 20-year-old student reported the suspect accessed a Greek Village residence hall on Sunday morning, made a lewd comment to the victim and then grabbed her hand and touched her buttocks upon being told to leave. Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said in a statement to news outlets that woman in her 40s later reported the suspect grabbing her buttocks and breasts at an off-campus housing parking garage, around 4 p.m.
The man fled both scenes, and has not been identified.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police’s University City Division will increase patrols in apartment complexes near campus.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
- Stan Lee, creator of a galaxy of Marvel superheroes, dies VIEW