LYNN, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts man who says he was falsely accused of a box cutter attack is suing the city of Lynn.
The Lynn Item reports that 50-year-old Randy Spearing recently filed a federal complaint against two Lynn police officers and the city. He is seeking an unspecified amount in damages.
A 34-year-old man was injured in the 2016 gas station slashing. Spearing had been at a gas station across the street from where the assault occurred. He was arrested for the assault and later released.
Spearing’s suit claims the officers ignored facts in the investigation. According to the suit, Spearing suffered mental and emotional suffering after the wrongful arrest.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Who is Robert Smith, the man paying off Morehouse graduates’ loans?
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Morehouse College graduates’ student loans to be paid off by billionaire
- Five things to know about Morehouse donor Robert F. Smith
An attorney representing the city says police acted appropriately based on the victim’s statements.
Information from: The (Lynn, Mass.) Daily Item, http://itemlive.com