LYNN, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts man who says he was falsely accused of a box cutter attack is suing the city of Lynn.
The Lynn Item reports that 50-year-old Randy Spearing recently filed a federal complaint against two Lynn police officers and the city. He is seeking an unspecified amount in damages.
A 34-year-old man was injured in the 2016 gas station slashing. Spearing had been at a gas station across the street from where the assault occurred. He was arrested for the assault and later released.
Spearing’s suit claims the officers ignored facts in the investigation. According to the suit, Spearing suffered mental and emotional suffering after the wrongful arrest.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
- Death toll rises in California wildfire, matching deadliest VIEW
An attorney representing the city says police acted appropriately based on the victim’s statements.
Information from: The (Lynn, Mass.) Daily Item, http://itemlive.com