LYNN, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts man who says he was falsely accused of a box cutter attack is suing the city of Lynn.
The Lynn Item reports that 50-year-old Randy Spearing recently filed a federal complaint against two Lynn police officers and the city. He is seeking an unspecified amount in damages.
A 34-year-old man was injured in the 2016 gas station slashing. Spearing had been at a gas station across the street from where the assault occurred. He was arrested for the assault and later released.
Spearing’s suit claims the officers ignored facts in the investigation. According to the suit, Spearing suffered mental and emotional suffering after the wrongful arrest.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect
An attorney representing the city says police acted appropriately based on the victim’s statements.
Information from: The (Lynn, Mass.) Daily Item, http://itemlive.com