BERLIN, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut State Police are seeking witnesses to an early Christmas Eve crash on Route 9 in Berlin, where an Arizona man was struck and injured by a car as he stood outside his vehicle following an earlier accident.
Police say 19-year-old Jesse Michael Etienne, of Cottonwood, Arizona, was taken by emergency helicopter to Hartford Hospital early Sunday morning with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the Honda Civic that struck Etienne is 35-year-old Robert Markham, of Portland. He was treated at Hartford Hospital for minor injuries.
The crash occurred at approximately 2:20 a.m. in the southbound lane. Witnesses should call State Police in Hartford at 800-534-1000.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 panel calls surprise hearing to present new evidence
- Ocasio-Cortez wants 2 justices impeached for ‘lying under oath’
- Aide: Trump dismissed Jan. 6 threats, wanted to join crowd
- Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years for helping Epstein
- Justices side with doctors convicted in pain pill schemes