JUNCTION CITY, Kan. (AP) — Authorities say a 28-year-old soldier drowned at Milford Lake during the holiday weekend.
Geary County Sheriff Tony Wolf says Jonathan Rivera, of Grandview Plaza, tried to swim across a cove at the south end of the lake but became exhausted and went under water.
Authorities do not believe the drowning is suspicious.
KSNT reports Rivera’s mother, who arrived in the area from New York City Monday, says her son was a soldier stationed at Fort Riley.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- ‘I’m done saying I’m sorry,’ Alex Jones tells Sandy Hook families in court
- 10 tips for coexisting with COVID (and living a normal-ish life)
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
- Career prosecutors recommend no charges for Gaetz in sex-trafficking probe
Information from: KSNT-TV.