HARVEY, Ill. (AP) — Police in suburban Chicago are searching for a 24-year-old man wanted in the fatal shooting of a security guard at a Canadian National Railway facility in suburban Chicago.
Harvey police officials said during a news conference Thursday they are looking for Rashad Williams of East Hazel Crest in the death of 38-year-old Tyrone Hardin of Merrillville, Indiana, on Saturday. A first-degree murder warrant has been issued.
Police say the shooting occurred while Williams was fleeing after allegedly stealing a car. Police say he also shot at a second person.
Hardin was a father of a 5-year-old and stepfather of four. Family said he was working a second job at the rail yard to earn money for Christmas.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Seattle-Dublin nonstop flights to begin in May 2018
- Seattle’s crazy restaurant boom | PNW Magazine VIEW
Harvey Police Deputy Chief Gregory Thomas appealed to Williams to turn himself in.