FORT DODGE, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say they’ll resume a search Tuesday for a man missing since his kayak overturned on the Des Moines River in Fort Dodge.
Fort Dodge Fire Chief Steve Hergenreter says the man and his wife were kayaking below the hydroelectric dam when both kayaks flipped about 3:30 p.m. Monday. She swam to shore, but her husband was swept away by the river. He was last seen about 100 yards (91 meters) from the dam.
Their names haven’t been released.
Hergenreter says volunteers won’t be needed for Tuesday’s search of the water and shoreline.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Deadly fungus spread rapidly during the pandemic, CDC says
- It’s massive. It’s Trumpian. And now it’s mysteriously missing
- Space station discarded some trash. It rained fire in California's sky WATCH
- Former TV star, now a chicken 'rescuer,' found not guilty of Foster Farms theft
- Tourism agency apologizes after sexualizing Canadian city's name WATCH