ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — A New York man who was fatally shot outside an apartment building on Christmas night was wounded in a drive-by shooting at the same spot earlier this year.
Police have identified the victim as 35-year-old Jarvis Porter. Officials say he was shot to death around 5:30 p.m. Monday outside a building in Rochester.
Authorities say an officer on vehicle patrol on the city’s west side thought he heard gunshots. The officer then found Jarvis’ body.
The Democrat and Chronicle reports Jarvis and three other men survived being shot at the same place on Genesee Street on Feb. 22.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- 6 dead, 30 hurt in shooting at Chicago-area July 4 parade
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- Updated COVID shots are coming. Will they be too late?
- 3 feet of rain sets up 4th round of flood misery for Sydney
No charges have been filed in connection with Monday’s slaying.
Information from: Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, http://www.democratandchronicle.com