PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Gang enforcement officers are investigating a shooting in Portland.
Officers responded to a report of gunfire and one person shot at about 2:20 a.m. Saturday.
Officials learned a 27-year-old man had been shot and taken to the hospital by a private vehicle. The man had sustained life-threatening injuries.
Witness said there had been an exchange of gunfire in a parking lot. Officers found multiple vehicles with bullet holes and a nearby building struck by gunfire.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion
- WA, other West Coast states form pact committing to protect abortion access
- Thousands of Seattle protesters gather downtown after Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade
- The man most responsible for ending Roe worries that it could hurt his party
- Supreme Court: The leaked abortion draft versus the opinion
Witnesses reported drivers of the fleeing vehicles crashed into parked cars and drove the wrong way on nearby roads.
The Gang Enforcement Team is continuing the investigation.