CHURCHILL, Pa. (AP) — Authorities have released the name of a man killed in what investigators believe was a home invasion attack that also critically wounded a woman near Pittsburgh.
The Allegheny County medical examiner’s office says 67-year-old Jeffrey Weiss died of a gunshot wound to the trunk in the shooting in Churchill.
Officers were dispatched to the home following a report of shots fired shortly before 5 p.m. Saturday and found Weiss with multiple gunshot wounds. A 52-year-old woman shot at least once was taken to a hospital in critical condition.
County homicide detectives said the shooting appeared to have been “a home-invasion type of attack.” No arrests were immediately announced and police asked anyone who saw or heard anything to call investigators.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- To catch a snake: Largest python found in Everglades signals a threat
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- GOP lawmaker calls Roe ruling 'victory for white life' as Trump rally cheers
- 'Mitt Romney Republican' is now a potent GOP primary attack
- Officer suspended for off-duty actions at abortion protest