BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP) — Madison County officials are investigating after a man was shot and critically injured during an altercation at an Ennis bar and restaurant.
Sheriff Roger Thompson tells KTVM-TV that a 48-year-old man from Ennis was shot in the chest Monday and taken to a Bozeman hospital for treatment.
A 57-year-old man from McAllister was detained and later taken to a Missoula hospital for treatment of possible head injuries.
Thompson says neither man was cooperating enough with investigators to determine what happened. He says he’s hoping once they begin healing from their injuries they’ll be willing to talk about the confrontation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- US downs Chinese balloon, drawing a threat from China
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Metal detector hobbyist finds a 500-year-old pendant linked to Henry VIII
- Florida athletes could be required to submit their menstrual history to schools
- Sorry, not sorry: Some 1/6 rioters change tune after apology
The men’s names haven’t been released.