BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — Police say a man has been shot and killed near a Bridgeport convenience store.
The victim, identified by police as 21-year-old Jawuan Green, was shot near The Snack Shop just after midnight Tuesday. He was taken in a private vehicle to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
There was no word on arrests.
A store employee tells the Connecticut Post that Green bought a cigar in the store and was shot as he walked out. The employee says Green was a regular.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Microsoft says it has found another Russian operation targeting prominent think tanks
Green’s death was the city’s first homicide of the year. There were 23 homicides in Bridgeport last year.