BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — Police say a man has been shot and killed near a Bridgeport convenience store.
The victim, identified by police as 21-year-old Jawuan Green, was shot near The Snack Shop just after midnight Tuesday. He was taken in a private vehicle to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
There was no word on arrests.
A store employee tells the Connecticut Post that Green bought a cigar in the store and was shot as he walked out. The employee says Green was a regular.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Noah's Ark except it's a school bus: Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother
- Labrador dog named Lucy saves Oregon man from sex conviction
Green’s death was the city’s first homicide of the year. There were 23 homicides in Bridgeport last year.