BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — Police say a man has been shot and killed near a Bridgeport convenience store.
The victim, identified by police as 21-year-old Jawuan Green, was shot near The Snack Shop just after midnight Tuesday. He was taken in a private vehicle to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
There was no word on arrests.
A store employee tells the Connecticut Post that Green bought a cigar in the store and was shot as he walked out. The employee says Green was a regular.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again
Green’s death was the city’s first homicide of the year. There were 23 homicides in Bridgeport last year.