BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — Police say a man has been shot and killed near a Bridgeport convenience store.
The victim, identified by police as 21-year-old Jawuan Green, was shot near The Snack Shop just after midnight Tuesday. He was taken in a private vehicle to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
There was no word on arrests.
A store employee tells the Connecticut Post that Green bought a cigar in the store and was shot as he walked out. The employee says Green was a regular.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Trump backs down, says he misspoke on Russia meddling WATCH
- Trump says he accepts US intelligence on Russian interference in election but denies collusion
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Obama delivers veiled rebuke to Trump in Mandela address WATCH
Green’s death was the city’s first homicide of the year. There were 23 homicides in Bridgeport last year.