MIAMI (AP) — Authorities say an elderly man shot and wounded a woman and then killed himself at a South Florida hospital.
Miami-Dade police Detective Dan Ferrin told The Miami Herald (http://goo.gl/ecIFT2 ) that the man had called the woman Monday morning and asked her to meet him at Kindred Hospital in Coral Gables. The facility focuses on long-term inpatient care and rehabilitation for chronically ill patients.
Witnesses say the man and woman had a calm conversation, and then the man drew a gun and shot the woman several times after she started to walk away.
The woman was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital, about 7 miles away, and was expected to survive.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Donald Trump indicted; expected to surrender next week WATCH
- Hawaii authorities say 33 swimmers were harassing dolphins WATCH
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Probiotic supplements may do the opposite of boosting your gut health
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s Twitter feed suspended over anti-trans tweets
Police weren’t immediately naming the man and woman or saying how they knew each other.