BARRE, Vt. (AP) — A Vermont man who admitted to drinking and driving before a crash that paralyzed a passenger has been sentenced to at least eight years in prison.
Andrew Baird, of Waitsfield, was sentenced Tuesday in the 2016 crash. WCAX-TV reports in considering the time Baird would serve, the judge says he acknowledged Baird was underage at the time of the crash and had a high blood alcohol level.
Baird apologized in court to Lily Stilwell, who was paralyzed from the waist down in the crash.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- 'Stay tuned' for new evidence against Trump in July hearings
- The 20-somethings who help the 70-somethings run Washington
Information from: WCAX-TV, http://www.wcax.com