OREGON CITY, Ore. (AP) — A man who sexually abused a 9-year-old girl after entering her bedroom through a window has been sentenced to 27 years in prison.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports that 44-year-old Isidro Flores-Ramos declined to make a statement at Monday’s hearing in Oregon City. He choked back tears as his attorney told the judge that Flores-Ramos has a wife and children of his own in Mexico.
The girl’s mother told Flores-Ramos in court that their family will never forgive him.
A jury last week found Flores-Ramos guilty of sexual abuse, unlawful sexual penetration and other crimes related to the attack that happened a year ago in Milwaukie. Flores-Ramos didn’t know the girl or her family.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
In a separate case, Flores-Ramos pleaded guilty to encouraging sexual assault of an animal. He admitted to having at least five videos of people having sex with animals.
Information from: The Oregonian/OregonLive, http://www.oregonlive.com