PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A suburban Portland man has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for raping a young woman as she walked to work.
KPTV-TV reports Orion Mears of Gresham was sentenced Friday after pleading guilty to rape, sodomy, robbery and kidnapping in the November 2016 incident. He also pleaded no contest for a rape that happened 16 years ago.
In November 2016, the 19-year-old woman was walking to work at 4 a.m. when Mears stopped and asked her the time. He attacked her shortly thereafter and threatened her with a gun.
Police arrested Mears a few days later after receiving tips from the community.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Julian Assange has been charged, prosecutors reveal inadvertently in court filing
Mears did not make a statement in court.