RENO, Nev. (AP) — A man has been sentenced to eight to 20 years in state prison for his conviction in a September 2016 drunken-driving crash in Reno that killed two people.
Justin Freund was sentenced Friday in the fatal crash that occurred on Interstate 80.
Authorities say Freund drove his truck on the interstate’s shoulder and ended a car that was disabled.
Two people inside the car died as a result of the crash.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- New sequence of images shows Tonga volcano's devastation
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
Investigators say Freund fled then fled the scene but was later arrested and found to be under the influence of alcohol.