NORTH CANTON, Ohio (AP) — A northeastern Ohio man has been reunited with his car after it was reported stolen more than 30 years ago.
The (Canton) Repository reports (http://bit.ly/1NTFTPa ) that 52-year-old Ron Reolfi bought the 1968 Chevrolet Camaro for around $600 when he was 19.
The North Canton man last saw the car on Oct. 24, 1981. He parked it outside a grocery store where he worked, and it was gone 20 minutes later.
Reolfi says he thought he’d never see it again.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Barr told prosecutors to consider sedition charges for protest violence, asked about charging Seattle mayor
- Hawaii to allow travelers to skip quarantine with virus test
- You don't need to wipe down everything to protect yourself from the coronavirus
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Smoke gets in your eyes: Tips to ease irritation
He says someone in Maryland sold the car to a person in Delaware. Authorities were then alerted that it had been stolen.
Reolfi’s dad, whose name was on the title, received an email last year with a photo of the vehicle.
Reolfi says recovering the car was “really emotional” for him.
Information from: The Repository, http://www.cantonrep.com