LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities say a man pulled from a burning yacht at Los Angeles Harbor later died at a hospital.
Fire Department spokeswoman Amy Bastman says the blaze was reported just after 10 p.m. Sunday on a 70-foot (21-meter) vessel.
It took nearly 50 firefighters about a half-hour to put out the flames. The cause is under investigation.
The man was in critical condition when he was taken to the hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Lava crashes through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23
Coroner’s Investigator Jerry McKibben says the deceased patient was a 65-year-old man. The cause of death is believed to have been smoke inhalation.