LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities say a man pulled from a burning yacht at Los Angeles Harbor later died at a hospital.
Fire Department spokeswoman Amy Bastman says the blaze was reported just after 10 p.m. Sunday on a 70-foot (21-meter) vessel.
It took nearly 50 firefighters about a half-hour to put out the flames. The cause is under investigation.
The man was in critical condition when he was taken to the hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Sen. Warren: DNA test shows I have Native American heritage
- Prince Harry, Meghan expecting child in spring
- Alec Baldwin urges 'overthrow' of Trump government via voting
- 'I shot a whole family of baboons': Idaho Fish and Game official faces fury after Africa trophy hunting boasts
Coroner’s Investigator Jerry McKibben says the deceased patient was a 65-year-old man. The cause of death is believed to have been smoke inhalation.