LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities say a man pulled from a burning yacht at Los Angeles Harbor later died at a hospital.
Fire Department spokeswoman Amy Bastman says the blaze was reported just after 10 p.m. Sunday on a 70-foot (21-meter) vessel.
It took nearly 50 firefighters about a half-hour to put out the flames. The cause is under investigation.
The man was in critical condition when he was taken to the hospital.
Most Read Stories
- WSU QB Tyler Hilinski, 21, dies from an apparent suicide
- Alaska Airlines to begin flights to 8 West Coast cities from Everett's Paine Field this fall
- Is Seattle’s homeless crisis the worst in the country?
- Analysis | 5 thoughts on the Seahawks' hirings of Brian Schottenheimer, Ken Norton Jr., and Mike Solari
- Police investigate reported gang rape of teen in Ballard park
Coroner’s Investigator Jerry McKibben says the deceased patient was a 65-year-old man. The cause of death is believed to have been smoke inhalation.