LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities say a man pulled from a burning yacht at Los Angeles Harbor later died at a hospital.
Fire Department spokeswoman Amy Bastman says the blaze was reported just after 10 p.m. Sunday on a 70-foot (21-meter) vessel.
It took nearly 50 firefighters about a half-hour to put out the flames. The cause is under investigation.
The man was in critical condition when he was taken to the hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- He attends an elite university but lives in a trailer with no heat or sewer hookups VIEW
- McCabe kept memos on Trump dealings; Mueller now has them
- Top-seeded Virginia left to make sense of historic NCAA loss VIEW
- Bones discovered on Pacific island belong to Amelia Earhart, new forensic analysis shows VIEW
- FBI at site where Civil War gold rumored to be buried
Coroner’s Investigator Jerry McKibben says the deceased patient was a 65-year-old man. The cause of death is believed to have been smoke inhalation.