ST. EDWARD, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say a 39-year-old man died after a fire at a rural Boone County residence in eastern Nebraska.
Firetrucks were sent to the scene outside St. Edward around 5:30 a.m. Friday. The Columbus Telegram reports that firefighters kept the flames from escaping the house’s basement. The man was found unresponsive in a basement bedroom.
He was pronounced dead later at a hospital in Albion. His name hasn’t been released.
The fire cause is being investigated.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump grounds Pelosi after she imperils his big speech WATCH
- Less beef, more beans: Experts say world needs a new diet
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez vs. Wall Street: Lawmaker wins spot on powerful House committee
- Crushing defeat for May's deal leaves Brexit path unclear
Information from: Columbus Telegram, http://www.columbustelegram.com