ST. EDWARD, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say a 39-year-old man died after a fire at a rural Boone County residence in eastern Nebraska.
Firetrucks were sent to the scene outside St. Edward around 5:30 a.m. Friday. The Columbus Telegram reports that firefighters kept the flames from escaping the house’s basement. The man was found unresponsive in a basement bedroom.
He was pronounced dead later at a hospital in Albion. His name hasn’t been released.
The fire cause is being investigated.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
Information from: Columbus Telegram, http://www.columbustelegram.com