ST. EDWARD, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say a 39-year-old man died after a fire at a rural Boone County residence in eastern Nebraska.
Firetrucks were sent to the scene outside St. Edward around 5:30 a.m. Friday. The Columbus Telegram reports that firefighters kept the flames from escaping the house’s basement. The man was found unresponsive in a basement bedroom.
He was pronounced dead later at a hospital in Albion. His name hasn’t been released.
The fire cause is being investigated.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect
Information from: Columbus Telegram, http://www.columbustelegram.com