ST. EDWARD, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say a 39-year-old man died after a fire at a rural Boone County residence in eastern Nebraska.
Firetrucks were sent to the scene outside St. Edward around 5:30 a.m. Friday. The Columbus Telegram reports that firefighters kept the flames from escaping the house’s basement. The man was found unresponsive in a basement bedroom.
He was pronounced dead later at a hospital in Albion. His name hasn’t been released.
The fire cause is being investigated.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Kellyanne Conway dismisses her husband's concerns that President Trump's mental health is deteriorating
- DNA testing helps police confirm Ted Bundy killed missing Utah teen
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- A risky business in Trump loans: Deutsche Bank’s affinity for an outcast client VIEW
- Tens of thousands converge on California 'poppy apocalypse' VIEW
Information from: Columbus Telegram, http://www.columbustelegram.com