ST. EDWARD, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say a 39-year-old man died after a fire at a rural Boone County residence in eastern Nebraska.
Firetrucks were sent to the scene outside St. Edward around 5:30 a.m. Friday. The Columbus Telegram reports that firefighters kept the flames from escaping the house’s basement. The man was found unresponsive in a basement bedroom.
He was pronounced dead later at a hospital in Albion. His name hasn’t been released.
The fire cause is being investigated.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sniffles? Cancer? Under Medicare plan, payments for office visits would be same for both
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- 2 dead, 13 wounded in shooting attack in Toronto WATCH
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- After a week of walkbacks, Trump returns to Russia doubting
Information from: Columbus Telegram, http://www.columbustelegram.com