ROCK SPRINGS, Wyo. (AP) — A Montana man pleaded not guilty in a Wyoming court to the alleged aggravated vehicular homicide of his daughter.
The Rock Springs Rocket-Miner reports Brian Harley Fletcher of Sand Springs, Montana, also pleaded not guilty to alleged failure to maintain a single lane of travel and two counts of failure to secure a child in a child restraint in Sweetwater County 3rd District Court in Green River, Wyoming.
A cash or surety bond of $100,000 was continued.
Fletcher has filed a demand for a speedy trial. The trial is set for May 7.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- Deer could be a reservoir of old coronavirus variants, study suggests
- Goodbye passport stamps, hello biometrics: Customs is getting faster
- Rep. George Santos is stepping down from committees amid fabrications about his biography
- Video shows mysterious whirlpool spiral flying over Hawaii night sky
A Wyoming Highway Patrol affidavit says Fletcher’s 8-year-old daughter died in a single-vehicle crash east of Rock Springs in 2016. Fletcher was the driver.
A chemical test of Fletcher’s blood allegedly showed the presence of methamphetamine, amphetamine and alprazolam (Xanax).
Information from: Rock Springs (Wyo.) Rocket-Miner, http://www.rocketminer.com