SPRINGFIELD, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio man has pleaded not guilty to murder in the slaying of a pregnant woman whose child was safely delivered after she was shot.
A court affidavit says 25-year-old Travis Hypes told police that he and 23-year-old Lindsey Marsh were fighting and pushing each other at a home in Springfield when he drew a gun and accidently shot her in the head April 5.
Marsh, who was around 30 months pregnant, was rushed to a hospital where the infant was delivered. Marsh died a short time later.
Hypes entered his plea Friday in central Ohio’s Clark County, where he’s being held on a $500,000 bond.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Archie Battersbee, gravely ill 12-year-old, dies after removal of life support
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Key Washington primary 2022 election results
- Everyone loves e-bikes - except some who have to share roads with them
Court records don’t indicate if he has an attorney yet.
Springfield is about 45 miles (72 kilometers) west of Columbus.