SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (AP) — A California man has been charged with murder and assault on a child causing death in the slaying of his girlfriend’s 1-year-old son.
The San Bernardino Sun reports Arthur Thomas Davies pleaded not guilty Wednesday to the two felony charges, and another count that acknowledges the murder charge constitutes a serious felony.
The toddler victim, who died Monday at Loma Linda University Medical Center, has not been identified by name and is only referred to as “John Doe” in the criminal complaint filed by the San Bernardino County District Attorney’s Office.
Davies remains in custody at the Morongo Basin Station, with bail set at $1 million.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
Authorities say Davies is not the biological father of the child.
Information from: The Sun, http://www.sbsun.com