SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (AP) — A California man has been charged with murder and assault on a child causing death in the slaying of his girlfriend’s 1-year-old son.
The San Bernardino Sun reports Arthur Thomas Davies pleaded not guilty Wednesday to the two felony charges, and another count that acknowledges the murder charge constitutes a serious felony.
The toddler victim, who died Monday at Loma Linda University Medical Center, has not been identified by name and is only referred to as “John Doe” in the criminal complaint filed by the San Bernardino County District Attorney’s Office.
Davies remains in custody at the Morongo Basin Station, with bail set at $1 million.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Microsoft says it has found another Russian operation targeting prominent think tanks
Authorities say Davies is not the biological father of the child.
Information from: The Sun, http://www.sbsun.com