SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (AP) — A California man has been charged with murder and assault on a child causing death in the slaying of his girlfriend’s 1-year-old son.
The San Bernardino Sun reports Arthur Thomas Davies pleaded not guilty Wednesday to the two felony charges, and another count that acknowledges the murder charge constitutes a serious felony.
The toddler victim, who died Monday at Loma Linda University Medical Center, has not been identified by name and is only referred to as “John Doe” in the criminal complaint filed by the San Bernardino County District Attorney’s Office.
Davies remains in custody at the Morongo Basin Station, with bail set at $1 million.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again
Authorities say Davies is not the biological father of the child.
Information from: The Sun, http://www.sbsun.com