RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a California man admitted he twice traveled to Britain to have sex with a 15-year-old girl and videotaped the sexual contact on his phone.
The Press-Enterprise reports 29-year-old Derek Lorenzo Longoria pleaded guilty Monday in U.S. District Court in Riverside to one count of travel with intent to engage in illicit sexual conduct.
In the plea agreement, Longoria says he traveled to the U.K. in 2011 and 2012 and knew the girl was younger than 16. Longoria also had persuaded the victim to take sexually explicit photos and videos of herself. Investigators discovered the child pornography at Longoria’s residence after she contacted authorities in 2015.
Longoria is scheduled to be sentenced May 7. Longoria will be required to register as a sex offender.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Trump backs down, says he misspoke on Russia meddling WATCH
- Trump says he accepts US intelligence on Russian interference in election but denies collusion
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Obama delivers veiled rebuke to Trump in Mandela address WATCH
Information from: The Press-Enterprise, http://www.pe.com