RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a California man admitted he twice traveled to Britain to have sex with a 15-year-old girl and videotaped the sexual contact on his phone.
The Press-Enterprise reports 29-year-old Derek Lorenzo Longoria pleaded guilty Monday in U.S. District Court in Riverside to one count of travel with intent to engage in illicit sexual conduct.
In the plea agreement, Longoria says he traveled to the U.K. in 2011 and 2012 and knew the girl was younger than 16. Longoria also had persuaded the victim to take sexually explicit photos and videos of herself. Investigators discovered the child pornography at Longoria’s residence after she contacted authorities in 2015.
Longoria is scheduled to be sentenced May 7. Longoria will be required to register as a sex offender.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Sen. Bernie Sanders says he's running for president in 2020 WATCH
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
Information from: The Press-Enterprise, http://www.pe.com