LAUREL, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi man has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the 2016 shooting death of a teenager.
WDAM-TV reports 20-year-old Mekel Antwon Crumbly entered the plea Thursday before Jones County Circuit Court Judge Dal Williamson.
Williamson then sentenced him to 30 years in prison, with 10 years suspended for the slaying of 17-year-old Tamerick Drummond.
Crumbly apologized to Drummond’s family before he was sentenced.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- IRS launches a new way to estimate next year's tax refund
- A $100,000 bribe got teen a UCLA soccer scholarship without even playing
- Alaska man discovers message in bottle from Russian Navy
- In economic warning signals, Trump sees signs of a conspiracy
- Jeffrey Epstein signed will worth $577M only 2 days before suicide, with El Chapo lawyer as witness
Information from: WDAM-TV, http://www.wdam.com