LAUREL, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi man has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the 2016 shooting death of a teenager.
WDAM-TV reports 20-year-old Mekel Antwon Crumbly entered the plea Thursday before Jones County Circuit Court Judge Dal Williamson.
Williamson then sentenced him to 30 years in prison, with 10 years suspended for the slaying of 17-year-old Tamerick Drummond.
Crumbly apologized to Drummond’s family before he was sentenced.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Jamie Oliver's UK restaurant chain collapses into insolvency
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- How the rural-urban divide became America’s political fault line
- Ex-partner of deceased skater Coughlin says she was abused
Information from: WDAM-TV, http://www.wdam.com