LAUREL, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi man has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the 2016 shooting death of a teenager.
WDAM-TV reports 20-year-old Mekel Antwon Crumbly entered the plea Thursday before Jones County Circuit Court Judge Dal Williamson.
Williamson then sentenced him to 30 years in prison, with 10 years suspended for the slaying of 17-year-old Tamerick Drummond.
Crumbly apologized to Drummond’s family before he was sentenced.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Complaint in Closs case could be road map for prosecution WATCH
- UK's May faces no-confidence vote after Brexit plan crushed WATCH
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Trump invokes one of the worst Native American massacres to mock Elizabeth Warren
- At Trump’s inauguration, $10,000 for makeup and lots of room service VIEW
Information from: WDAM-TV, http://www.wdam.com