OLNEY, Ill. (AP) — A southern Illinois man accused in the 2016 death of an 8-year-old Olney girl has pleaded guilty to predatory criminal sexual assault.
Glenn Ramey, now 55, entered the plea Thursday in Richland County Court. He also had been charged with murder.
Ramey was charged in connection with the death of Sabrina Stauffenberg. The child’s body was found in November 2016 behind a vinegar plant on the south side of Olney, a town in southeastern Illinois of about 9,000 people.
Prosecutors said Ramey suffocated and raped the girl.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
- A dam in Syria was on a ‘no-strike’ list. The U.S. bombed it anyway
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
Ramey faces a sentence of 6-60 years in prison. His sentencing is scheduled for March 22