FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Police in Florida are looking for a 52-year-old man who hasn’t been seen since he went paddleboarding in the Atlantic Ocean a week ago.
Fort Lauderdale police tell the Miami Herald that Constantine George Theoharis was due in court later that day — March 20 — to speak on charges of not paying over a half-million dollars in child support.
But he didn’t show up for court, or for work as a commercial real estate agent. The judge rescheduled his hearing for March 27, but he didn’t show then either.
His wallet and passport were left in his home. Family members tell police they’ve grown increasingly concerned.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
- US charges Belarus with air piracy in reporter's arrest
- Much of nation isn't active enough — but WA residents are exception, CDC says
Theoharis has been divorced since 2008. His ex-wife is fighting him for child support for their two daughters.