BREVARD, N.C. (AP) — A man missing in the mountains of western North Carolina has been found safe.
The Transylvania County Sheriff’s office told local media that 37-year-old John Marshall Fullbright Jr. was found Wednesday afternoon in the Pisgah National Forest near Brevard.
Fullbright had been missing since Monday.
Deputies say the man had apparently become disoriented as he walked away from his campsite.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
Sheriff’s Capt. Kevin Creasman said Fullbright had gone to get firewood. The man’s girlfriend told deputies she awakened to find him gone.
Crew from Transylvania and Henderson County took part in the search.