BREVARD, N.C. (AP) — A man missing in the mountains of western North Carolina has been found safe.
The Transylvania County Sheriff’s office told local media that 37-year-old John Marshall Fullbright Jr. was found Wednesday afternoon in the Pisgah National Forest near Brevard.
Fullbright had been missing since Monday.
Deputies say the man had apparently become disoriented as he walked away from his campsite.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Turkey: 'Atrocious' recording suggests killer used drugs VIEW
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- A reader's guide to 12 Trump administration targets House Democrats are preparing to investigate
- Utility emailed Northern California woman about power-line problems 1 day before fire
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
Sheriff’s Capt. Kevin Creasman said Fullbright had gone to get firewood. The man’s girlfriend told deputies she awakened to find him gone.
Crew from Transylvania and Henderson County took part in the search.