BREVARD, N.C. (AP) — A man missing in the mountains of western North Carolina has been found safe.
The Transylvania County Sheriff’s office told local media that 37-year-old John Marshall Fullbright Jr. was found Wednesday afternoon in the Pisgah National Forest near Brevard.
Fullbright had been missing since Monday.
Deputies say the man had apparently become disoriented as he walked away from his campsite.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect
Sheriff’s Capt. Kevin Creasman said Fullbright had gone to get firewood. The man’s girlfriend told deputies she awakened to find him gone.
Crew from Transylvania and Henderson County took part in the search.