BREVARD, N.C. (AP) — A man missing in the mountains of western North Carolina has been found safe.
The Transylvania County Sheriff’s office told local media that 37-year-old John Marshall Fullbright Jr. was found Wednesday afternoon in the Pisgah National Forest near Brevard.
Fullbright had been missing since Monday.
Deputies say the man had apparently become disoriented as he walked away from his campsite.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
Sheriff’s Capt. Kevin Creasman said Fullbright had gone to get firewood. The man’s girlfriend told deputies she awakened to find him gone.
Crew from Transylvania and Henderson County took part in the search.