NEW YORK (AP) — Authorities are investigating the suspected overdose death at Trump Tower of a man romantically linked to reality TV personality Bethenny Frankel.
A spokeswoman for the New York City medical examiner’s office has identified the man as Dennis Shields.
The 51-year-old Shields had been known for being the on-again, off-again boyfriend of Frankel, who gained fame as a star of “The Real Housewives of New York City.”
Police responding to a 911 call say they discovered the body shortly after 9 a.m. on Friday at President Donald Trump’s high-rise on Fifth Avenue.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A relationship with Jeffrey Epstein that Bill Gates now ‘regrets’
- Exculpatory text relayed by Trump, Sondland to say
- High court lets Alabama sex-toy ban stand
- U.S. forces say Turkey was deliberately 'bracketing' American troops with artillery fire in Syria
- Retiree checks to rise modestly amid push to expand benefits
An emergency medical service team pronounced Shields dead at the scene.
Frankel went to high school with Shield’s estranged wife.