NEW YORK (AP) — Authorities are investigating the suspected overdose death at Trump Tower of a man romantically linked to reality TV personality Bethenny Frankel.
A spokeswoman for the New York City medical examiner’s office has identified the man as Dennis Shields.
The 51-year-old Shields had been known for being the on-again, off-again boyfriend of Frankel, who gained fame as a star of “The Real Housewives of New York City.”
Police responding to a 911 call say they discovered the body shortly after 9 a.m. on Friday at President Donald Trump’s high-rise on Fifth Avenue.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man, 30, dies after attending a ‘COVID party,’ Texas hospital says
- 'We're just overwhelmed': The view from inside California hospitals as COVID-19 surges
- No, Trump and DeVos can't withhold funding from schools whenever they want. Here's what they can do.
- Sheriff: 'Glee’ star Naya Rivera saved son before drowning VIEW
- Logjam of tourists at Glacier National Park
An emergency medical service team pronounced Shields dead at the scene.
Frankel went to high school with Shield’s estranged wife.