YPSILANTI, N.D. (AP) — Authorities have released the name of a man killed when his car struck three horses standing in a county road west of Ypsilanti, in southeastern North Dakota.
The Stutsman County Sheriff’s Office identifies the victim as 24-year-old Cruz Schumacher of Jamestown.
The crash happened just before 5 a.m. Saturday. After striking the horses, Schumacher’s Pontiac Grand Prix left the road and crashed into a semi-trailer parked in a private lot.
Schumacher died at the scene. All three horses were killed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
- A dam in Syria was on a ‘no-strike’ list. The U.S. bombed it anyway
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?