STRATFORD, Conn. (AP) — Police say a man is dead after a fire destroyed his Connecticut home over the weekend.
Stratford Fire Marshal Brian Lampart says James Boss was alone at the residence that caught fire Saturday evening. The Connecticut Post reports fire crews found Boss dead in his second floor bedroom after the flames were extinguished.
Investigators are working to determine whether he died from smoke inhalation or burns.
Lampart says Boss lived with his wife and son, who were with relatives the night of the fire.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground
- Man who tried to breach FBI office killed after standoff
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The Connecticut State Police Fire and Explosion Investigation Unit are investigating, but Lampart says foul play is not suspected.
Information from: Connecticut Post, http://www.connpost.com