MITCHELL, S.D. (AP) — Authorities have identified a Spencer man who died after a crash on Interstate 90 in Davison County involving two vehicles and cattle.
The Highway Patrol says 39-year-old Tracy Morehead was driving a car that rear-ended a pickup truck that had stopped on the highway after colliding with six cows. He died of his injuries later at a Mitchell hospital.
The crash happened Saturday night just east of Mitchell. Three people in the pickup were hurt, including a 10-year-old girl who suffered life-threatening injuries and was flown to a Sioux Falls hospital.
The six cows were killed in the incident. The interstate was closed for about two hours.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- New sequence of images shows Tonga volcano's devastation
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't