LAKEWOOD, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a driver was killed in a head-on crash shortly after he had fled the scene of another collision.
Lakewood police say German Alonso Velasquez Gonzalez rear-ended another vehicle on Route 88 around 8:40 p.m. Saturday. They say the 41-year-old Toms River man then drove away and soon sideswiped another car before crashing into the third car.
Velasquez Gonzalez was pronounced dead at the scene of the head-on crash. Five people in the other car were hurt, but none of their injuries were considered life-threatening.
Three people in the sideswiped car were also taken to the hospital as a precaution but were soon released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- Clu Gulager, rugged character actor of film and TV, dies at 93
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Texas church criticized for its take on ‘Hamilton’