WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — The man killed when a trench collapsed in the Kansas town of Bel Aire has been identified.
The Wichita Eagle reports that the victim was 29-year-old Jesus Foster. He was identified by family members.
The collapse happened Wednesday morning in the Wichita suburb. Authorities say Foster was at the bottom of the trench when between 16 and 20 tons of dirt shifted and fell on top of him.
Workers tried for hours to rescue Foster, including digging with heavy equipment and their hands to reach him.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump White House counsel Cipollone to testify to 1/6 panel
- Britain's Boris Johnson resigning as PM amid scandal
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- Cancer drug greatly reduces deaths in hospitalized COVID patients
- As some Democrats grow impatient with Biden, alternative voices emerge
A GoFundMe page is seeking to raise $15,000 for funeral and other expenses. Foster leaves behind six children.
Information from: The Wichita (Kan.) Eagle, http://www.kansas.com