STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Authorities say a 48-year-old man was killed in an accident at a home building site in northwest Colorado.
Steamboat Today reports Eric Becker was struck by a piece of steel at the construction site in Steamboat Springs on Thursday afternoon and was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital. Routt County Coroner Rob Ryg says that one of Becker’s co-workers tried to revive him.
Details about the accident have not been released.
The coroner says Becker, a real estate investor and builder, had lived in Steamboat for the past four decades.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- A single word sparks a crossfire between the Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Last straw: Fed-up Arizona Democrats censure Sen. Sinema
Information from: Steamboat Pilot & Today, http://steamboatpilot.com/