VINELAND, N.J. (AP) — Police say a man was killed after jumping from a moving vehicle following an argument with the driver in New Jersey.
The Vineland police department says 27-year-old Joseph Gonzalez was sitting behind the driver’s seat in the sport utility vehicle as it headed west on East Landis Avenue shortly before 9:30 p.m. Monday.
Police said there was a verbal dispute between Gonzalez and the woman who was driving, and Landis jumped out of the moving vehicle on the driver’s side and was struck by the vehicle as a result.
He was flown to Cooper Medical Center, where he later died of his injuries. The crash is under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Why nonalcoholic beer beats regular beer after exercise
- 75-year-old hiker found on mountain as search continues for missing actor
- Want to break up with your gas fireplace? Here's how to convert it
- Earth’s inner core paused, then reversed its spin. This is fine
- How do you live to be 100? Good genes, getting outside and friends