PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A shooting at the Gateway Shopping Center in Northeast Portland left one man injured on Labor Day.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports that just before 3:25 a.m. Monday, Portland police responded to reports of gunfire at the shopping center.
Portland police spokesman Sgt. Chris Burley says officers searched for victims and found a man injured at WinCo Foods, which is across the street from the shopping center.
Police found evidence of gunfire between the Fred Meyer and Kohl’s stores. Burley says investigators think the man was shot between the two stores and then ran across the street.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- Biden signs landmark gun measure, says 'lives will be saved'
- The man most responsible for ending Roe worries that it could hurt his party
- To catch a snake: Largest python found in Everglades signals a threat
- Thousands of Seattle protesters gather downtown after Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade
He was taken to a hospital with injuries that are not believed to be life-threatening.
Burley said police don’t have a suspect description but investigators don’t believe the public is in danger.
Information from: The Oregonian/OregonLive, http://www.oregonlive.com