SALEM, Ore. (AP) — A 26-year-old man has been indicted on murder charges in the death of a woman at a Salem hotel earlier this month.
The Statesman Journal reports Cody Roy Hilliard of Salem was indicted by a Marion County Grand Jury on two counts of aggravated murder in connection with the death of 38-year-old Kim Cheen Low.
Prosecutors say Hilliard was also indicted on two counts of first-degree abuse of a corpse, three counts of first-degree burglary and one count of unauthorized use of a vehicle.
Salem police had gone to the Days Inn Black Bear hotel around 11 p.m. on March 6 for a welfare check.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- High-tech degrees and the price of an avocado: The data New York gave to Amazon
- Hungry bear goes for ride after getting stuck on trash truck
- Woman finds tiger in house, tells dispatch: 'I'm not lying' WATCH
Low didn’t respond to police, so they entered the room to find her dead.
Police identified Hilliard as a suspect and he was arrested March 7 on Interstate 5 near Eugene.
Information from: Statesman Journal, http://www.statesmanjournal.com