SALEM, Ore. (AP) — A 26-year-old man has been indicted on murder charges in the death of a woman at a Salem hotel earlier this month.
The Statesman Journal reports Cody Roy Hilliard of Salem was indicted by a Marion County Grand Jury on two counts of aggravated murder in connection with the death of 38-year-old Kim Cheen Low.
Prosecutors say Hilliard was also indicted on two counts of first-degree abuse of a corpse, three counts of first-degree burglary and one count of unauthorized use of a vehicle.
Salem police had gone to the Days Inn Black Bear hotel around 11 p.m. on March 6 for a welfare check.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Lindsey Graham: 'There's a bureaucratic coup going on' at FBI and Justice Department
Low didn’t respond to police, so they entered the room to find her dead.
Police identified Hilliard as a suspect and he was arrested March 7 on Interstate 5 near Eugene.
Information from: Statesman Journal, http://www.statesmanjournal.com