WESTBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts man has been indicted on multiple charges for allegedly kidnapping his friend’s 7-year-old daughter and throwing her off a bridge.
The Worcester County District Attorney’s office says 36-year-old Joshua Hubert was indicted Thursday on two counts of attempted murder, kidnapping and strangulation.
Prosecutors say Hubert attended a cookout with the girl’s family Aug. 26. Authorities say he took the girl from her Worcester home around 2:30 a.m. the following morning, choked her and threw her off the Interstate 290 bridge into Lake Quinsigamond (kwin-SIG’-uh-mund).
The girl survived and swam about 100 yards (91 meters) to shore for help. Prosecutors say the girl had visible, non life-threatening injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Hubert’s attorney previously said his client denies the charges.
A judge has ordered Hubert held on $2 million bail.