WESTBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts man has been indicted on multiple charges for allegedly kidnapping his friend’s 7-year-old daughter and throwing her off a bridge.
The Worcester County District Attorney’s office says 36-year-old Joshua Hubert was indicted Thursday on two counts of attempted murder, kidnapping and strangulation.
Prosecutors say Hubert attended a cookout with the girl’s family Aug. 26. Authorities say he took the girl from her Worcester home around 2:30 a.m. the following morning, choked her and threw her off the Interstate 290 bridge into Lake Quinsigamond (kwin-SIG’-uh-mund).
The girl survived and swam about 100 yards (91 meters) to shore for help. Prosecutors say the girl had visible, non life-threatening injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Lava crashes through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23
Hubert’s attorney previously said his client denies the charges.
A judge has ordered Hubert held on $2 million bail.