MILFORD, Del. (AP) — Delaware State Police say a man is in critical condition after a trooper shocked him with a Taser after the man showed a handgun.
Troopers said in a news release Thursday that police went to the Milford home to arrest a man late Sunday. Authorities say a man at the house, who was not the man police came to arrest, refused to let them enter.
Police say when the troopers started to leave, the man, 35-year-old Lionel Waters, opened the front door and said he had a weapon.
Authorities say troopers saw a firearm, one shocked Waters with his Taser and Waters struggled with them.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Inside the world of Buy Nothing, where dryer lint is a hot commodity
- Cheney’s consultants are given an ultimatum: Drop her, or be dropped
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Biden's critics hurl increasingly vulgar taunts
- Far-right anti-government group grows significantly, report says
Police say Waters lost consciousness and was taken to a hospital, where he was in critical but stable condition.