PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A man has been hospitalized in Portland after his leg got caught between two MAX train cars.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports that the man was hospitalized on Thursday with non-life-threatening injuries.
Trimet says the incident happened at the Gateway Transit Center. Portland police spokesman Sgt. Chris Burley says police think the pedestrian was running alongside the train, smacking it with his hand when he fell between two of the cars.
The operator stopped the train and passersby helped the man until police and emergency medical personnel arrived.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Mormons to stay outdoors after split with Boy Scouts
Trimet said the incident caused 20-minute delays.
Information from: The Oregonian/OregonLive, http://www.oregonlive.com