PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A man has been hospitalized in Portland after his leg got caught between two MAX train cars.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports that the man was hospitalized on Thursday with non-life-threatening injuries.
Trimet says the incident happened at the Gateway Transit Center. Portland police spokesman Sgt. Chris Burley says police think the pedestrian was running alongside the train, smacking it with his hand when he fell between two of the cars.
The operator stopped the train and passersby helped the man until police and emergency medical personnel arrived.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Sen. Bernie Sanders says he's running for president in 2020 WATCH
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
Trimet said the incident caused 20-minute delays.
Information from: The Oregonian/OregonLive, http://www.oregonlive.com