PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A man has been hospitalized in Portland after his leg got caught between two MAX train cars.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports that the man was hospitalized on Thursday with non-life-threatening injuries.
Trimet says the incident happened at the Gateway Transit Center. Portland police spokesman Sgt. Chris Burley says police think the pedestrian was running alongside the train, smacking it with his hand when he fell between two of the cars.
The operator stopped the train and passersby helped the man until police and emergency medical personnel arrived.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Pussy Riot upstages Putin with protest that halts World Cup VIEW
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
Trimet said the incident caused 20-minute delays.
Information from: The Oregonian/OregonLive, http://www.oregonlive.com