PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A man has been hospitalized in Portland after his leg got caught between two MAX train cars.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports that the man was hospitalized on Thursday with non-life-threatening injuries.
Trimet says the incident happened at the Gateway Transit Center. Portland police spokesman Sgt. Chris Burley says police think the pedestrian was running alongside the train, smacking it with his hand when he fell between two of the cars.
The operator stopped the train and passersby helped the man until police and emergency medical personnel arrived.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Couple killed in crash driving to their wedding
Trimet said the incident caused 20-minute delays.
Information from: The Oregonian/OregonLive, http://www.oregonlive.com