LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities say a man has been hospitalized after getting wedged beneath an elevator at the University of California, Los Angeles.
City Fire Department spokeswoman Margaret Stewart says the victim somehow became stuck in the elevator shaft between the ground floor and a basement floor late Tuesday.
City News Service says the man, who has not been identified, was freed within 10 minutes.
He was taken to a hospital in fair condition.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Wild horses adopted under a federal program are going to slaughter
- Beneath Biden’s folksy demeanor, a short fuse and an obsession with details
- The Gateses’ public split spotlights a secretive fortune, with a hush-hush Kirkland entity at the center
- Why is COVID-19 killing so many young children in Brazil? Doctors are baffled
- Some aren't ready to give up masks despite new CDC guidance
This story has been corrected to show that the man became stuck late Tuesday. An earlier version said it happened late Monday.