LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities say a man has been hospitalized after getting wedged beneath an elevator at the University of California, Los Angeles.
City Fire Department spokeswoman Margaret Stewart says the victim somehow became stuck in the elevator shaft between the ground floor and a basement floor late Tuesday.
City News Service says the man, who has not been identified, was freed within 10 minutes.
He was taken to a hospital in fair condition.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- After coronavirus superspreader event at Sturgis, Missouri hosts thousands at Lake of the Ozarks bike rally
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Trump pledges woman for court, pushes Senate to move on pick VIEW
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at 87
- Ricin is said to have been sent to White House
This story has been corrected to show that the man became stuck late Tuesday. An earlier version said it happened late Monday.