LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities say a man has been hospitalized after getting wedged beneath an elevator at the University of California, Los Angeles.
City Fire Department spokeswoman Margaret Stewart says the victim somehow became stuck in the elevator shaft between the ground floor and a basement floor late Tuesday.
City News Service says the man, who has not been identified, was freed within 10 minutes.
He was taken to a hospital in fair condition.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Vaccine reserve was already exhausted when Trump administration vowed to release it, dashing hopes of expanded access
- 'QAnon Shaman's' note to Pence cited as evidence of 'assassination' plot before prosecutors walk back claim
- The $3,000-a-month toilet for the Ivanka Trump/Jared Kushner Secret Service detail
- Trump to leave Washington on morning of Biden's inauguration
- Trump plans to live at Mar-a-Lago and employ some current aides
This story has been corrected to show that the man became stuck late Tuesday. An earlier version said it happened late Monday.