VALRICO, Fla. (AP) — Authorities in Florida say a pedestrian has been hit and killed by a train.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement the train crash happened early Saturday in Valrico in central Florida, and the man died at the scene.
The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating the crash.
Deputies shut down a state road along the tracks.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them
The Federal Railroad Administration reports that 69 people died when accidentally struck by trains in Florida in the first 10 months of 2017.